We Will Help You Get CPS Out of Your Life
While Child Protective Services (“CPS”) seeks to protect Children from abuse and neglect, there are times when decisions to break apart families are based on false accusations and misinformation. Oftentimes, different CPS workers handle matters differently and that can lead to problems for your family. These situations can put parents at risk of losing their children. DO NOT TRY AND NAVIGATE CPS ALONE. Balekian Hayes, PLLC is one of the few law firms with many years of practice involving CPS and knows how to handle this unique area of law.
Call 214-550-8554 to find an attorney that will fight to keep your family together.
When Does CPS Become Involved?
Texas law states that any parent may be investigated for child abuse if they have caused serious bodily injury to their child. Parents may also be required to undergo investigation if they are accused of violating the Texas family law codes pertaining to the protection of children:
- Failing to provide a child with food, shelter, or clothing
- Causing emotion of mental injury to a child
- Causing physical injury or substantial harm to a child
- Threatening substantial harm to a child
- Permitting a child to engage in sexual performances
- Compelling a child to engage in sexual conduct of pornography
- Committing sexual conduct that is harmful to a child’s mental, physical and emotional well-being
- Allowing a child to be put in a situation that leads to emotional mental injury
- Placing a child in or refusing to remove a child from a situation that could result in harm
How We Can Help
An accusation of child abuse can have devastating effects on a person’s life and will trickle down throughout the entire family. If you are facing these kinds of charges, a general family law practitioner may not be the right choice for you. You will need someone experienced in Dallas as a CPS attorney that understands how to protect your relationship with your children. It is never advisable to fight these charges alone. Call today and begin planning your legal strategy.
Call us at 214-550-8554 to schedule a consultation to discuss.